Working as a Lyft driver, you should meet Lyft Insurance requirements to be insured by the company. You should be subject to this coverage.
Coverage When The App Is On, Waiting For a Ride Request
When you are available for work and using the app, you are covered for:
- $50,000 of bodily injury per person,
- $100,000 of bodily injury per accident,
- $25,000 of property damage.
Coverage When The App Is On, Picking Up Passengers Or During Rides
When you have accepted the ride request and when your passengers are in the car you are covered for:
- $1 million of third-party liability coverage,
- uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury coverage,
- contingent comprehensive and collision coverage.
You need to know that the contingent coverage has a $2,500 deductible attached to it. This means that you could be thousands of dollars out of pocket if you do not make your own Lyft insurance coverage arrangements.
Note when the app is off, your personal auto insurance coverage applies.
Contact us for Lyft insurance NYC and we will be happy to answer all your questions and give you the advice that you need.